Drupal Webform: How to enable sending and receiving full HTML mail messages in Webform
If for some reason, sending messages thru Webforms for example Contact Us forms does not yield a message in HTML format but in simple text format only, the following modules may be useful:
Lets you theme your messages the same way you theme the rest of your website.
It permits users to receive HTML email and can be used by other modules. The mail functionality accepts an HTML message body, mime-endcodes it and sends it.
Between the 2 modules though, Mime Mail seems the more user-friendly that involved a "plug-and-play" installation without too many pre-required configurations unlike HTML Mail.
Some useful information on Drupal Mime Mail
- If the HTML has embedded graphics, these graphics are MIME-encoded and included as a message attachment.
- Adopts your site's style by automatically including your theme's stylesheet files in a themeable HTML message format
- If the recipient's preference is available and they prefer plaintext, the HTML will be converted to plain text and sent as-is. Otherwise, the email will be sent in themeable HTML with a plaintext alternative.
- Allows you to theme messages with a specific mailkey.
- Converts CSS styles into inline style attributes.
- Provides simple system actions and Rules actions to send HTML email with embedded images and attachments.
Note that there are some serious limitations you need to take into consideration when creating email layouts, see the Email Standard Project for more information.
This module is required by the Send module.
Requirements for Mime Mail
The 7.x branch requires the Mail System module and at least Drupal 7.24.